Originalmente publicado en CBS Miami:

LAUDERDALE-BY-THE-SEA (CBSMiami) – It looks like a giant Tiki torch, but the flare stack in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea is serving a big purpose after residents had to be evacuated Friday morning due to a gas leak.

The flare stack burne off gas after residents at the Ocean Bay Club, located at 5555 N. Ocean Drive, smelled propane coming from the pool area of the building on Thursday afternoon.

“My wife actually smelled it,” said resident Ken Maglio. “My wife actually smelled it the night before. We had our window open, but didn’t think anything of it.”

[worldnow id=8460602 width=385 height=288 type=video]

It turned out the odor was the result of a gas leak from an old propane tank once used to heat the pool. The 500-gallon propane tank was covered in concrete, making it difficult for crews to reach.

“Our firefighters had to chip away at the concrete to gain access to the…

Ver original 150 palabras más

About these ads

Deja un comentario

Por favor, inicia sesión con uno de estos métodos para publicar tu comentario:

Logo de WordPress.com

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de WordPress.com. Cerrar sesión / Cambiar )

Imagen de Twitter

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de Twitter. Cerrar sesión / Cambiar )

Foto de Facebook

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de Facebook. Cerrar sesión / Cambiar )

Google+ photo

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de Google+. Cerrar sesión / Cambiar )

Conectando a %s